Taking the confusion out of Articulate Storyline licensing
Storyline 3 is the same as previous Storyline software applications 1 and 2. Each user that logs into Storyline needs to have their own account, set of credentials and therefore their own serial number. The serial number is unique to each user. Storyline 3 licences are non-transferrable and remain permanently associated to the user who originally orders the software. If a staff member leaves the organisation, the license can’t be shared or transferred to another person.
The following apply to the Storyline 3 licenses:
- Single Application Only
- Licences are not transferability
- Only standard email support
- No access to the Articulate 360 Content Library Integration
- No Multi-user Editing within Your Team.
- No Articulate Review for Stakeholder Reviews.
- Additional charge for each licence upgrade when a new version is released.
Articulate 360 is Articulate’s subscription licence. Articulate 360 includes several authoring tools, a mobile responsive authoring app, screencasting apps, a library of course assets, an online tool for review and collaboration, and training webinars by industry experts. This includes the following applications: Articulate 360, RISE, REVIEW, PEEK, REPLAY and LIve. It also gives you access to the content library. For more information on the differences between Storyline 3 and Articulate 360, see here. Articulate 360 is sold as a single user yearly subscription. Similarly to Storyline 3, Articulate 360 subscriptions are non transferable. If your organisation has a lot of movement or changing of roles, it might be worth looking at the teams subscription.
Articulate 360 includes access to:
- Storyline 360 – Industry standard for creating interactive elearning SCORM content
- Studio 360 – Transform PowerPoint presentations into Courses.
- Rise 360 – Build fully responsive courses in minutes, right within your web browser.
- Content Library 360 – An ever-expanding source of course assets, with over 3 million images/videos + characters & slide templates.
- Review 360 – Simplify project reviews with your stakeholders with instant upload & sharing, comments, and notifications.
- Replay 360 – Record and edit personalised screencastsn.
- Peek 360 – Record screencasts and instantly upload to Review for sharing.
- Articulate 360 Training – Gives you the training you need from eLearning experts.
STORYLINE 360 extra FEATURES
Articulate 360 Teams
These subscriptions are great if you’re working in a team, or even solo but want the extra security of licence transferability and priority support. If a user leaves your organisation or you have members changing roles, it’s no problem to transfer the license. In each year period, you can transfer seats up to two times the number of seats in your account. For example, if your team has 5 seats, you can make 10 transfers per year.
Whoever makes the purchase of the account is the owner and admin for the team. However, it is not set in stone. If you need to, you can remove yourself and assign others to be the admin of the team. The team subscription is a small fee above the Articulate 360 subscription.